Amazing Aurora


If somebody will ask me where I want to retire, I can always say Aurora is not bad at all. We recently visited the place and it was as beautiful as I have expected. Aurora is a province in North Eastern Philippines along the Pacific Ocean coast. The ambience is cool and cozy. The weather is just fine, not too cold and not too hot. The water is abundant anywhere, even at the heart of the capital town of Baler. The forest and fauna is amazing matched with breathtaking beaches and rock formations. Almost everything you see is either moist green or earth brown and it soothes not only the mind and body, but one’s spirit as well.

Aurora reminds me of the unspoiled island of Siargao in Surigao Del Norte. I am not quite sure if the island remained the same nowadays. But as I remember it, it has a resemblance to Aurora. The costly Bermuda grass we painfully buy to dress up our lawns here is endemic both is Siargao and Aurora. This is maybe because of their similar climate and topography. Both are located in the eastern side of the country where the Pacific Oceans ends.

But unlike Siargao, Aurora is just 6 hours away from Pampanga. It is part of Central Luzon and the people, although most of them are Tagalogs, are usually friendly, hospitable and kind. I would love to call them “uncorrupted.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go Potipot!

Summer Capital